Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9/12 MS Chemistry update and homework due 9/19

Hi folks,

Each week I'll be sending an email after class with a quick rundown of what we covered in class as well as the homework due the following week. I will also be emailing again with a link to this week's recording of the class.

This week we did a brief overview of science in general, how it's done and why the scientific method is so important.

For homework this week please use your notes to answer the following questions. If you're not sure of something feel free to take a look at the recording which I'll be sending tomorrow morning.


1. What is empirical evidence?


2. Why do we need science?


3. What are the two definitions of science we talked about in class?


4. Why do I say that science is about finding the rules? What does that mean?


5. What did the block game we played at the end of class have to do with the definition of science?


6. What is anecdotal evidence?


7. What is the definition of chemistry?


8. What does "objective" mean?


9. What does "subjective" mean?


10. Can you give an example of something that's objective?


11. Can you give an example of something that's subjective?

12. What is the definition of theory?


13. What is the definition of hypothesis?

No comments:

Post a Comment